Goodbye, 2016. Hello, 2017!
I love the idea of starting new. New school year, new calendar year, new project, new office supplies, new planners, it doesn’t really matter. Nothing (or very little) has gone wrong and the hope and optimism are exciting. Before I get to 2017, I have to wrap up a few loose ends from last year.
My last official FO was a Nora Bobbles Scarf. I knit this as part of the Junior year assignment for the Loopy Ewe Loopy Academy. I still don’t like working bobbles, but this pattern was enjoyable and turned into auto-pilot knitting. The yarn, Dream in Color Jilly with Cashmere, has such a great range of tonal blues that I adore and it blocked beautifully. It also grew, so this scarf is long enough to wrap around my neck a few times. I didn’t complete all the assignments for Loopy Academy this semester. I am going to take a break from the Academy for a bit and maybe next year I will return.
The first item bound off and blocked this year was a His or Her Scarf sample knit for June Cashmere. This was a fun one! Three skeins of the DK in Sleigh Bell were used and I will admit, I was a bit sad to send this one off. Lucky for me, I now have some of my own.
Intentions & Resolutions
What am I planning for this year? I have been mulling over what to do, focus on, and change and I really like how it was worded in a Ravelry group, so I’m using it here.
- Lose Weight: My stash is overwhelming. I can only knit or crochet so fast before I get distracted by the next new thing. I’ll be a “moderate merino” as best I can (“cold sheep”, meaning to buy NO new yarn or fiber is a bit too extreme. I know myself.)
- Exercise More: I’ll be participating in the Eat.Sleep.Knit Yarnathon again! I’ve already pulled out yarn from my stash to participate in the Q1 KAL, and for several of the badges!
- Learn Something New: Brioche has been on my mental to-learn list for at least a year. I also want to fix the needle on my sewing machine and see if I can learn a few tricks on that.
- Create a new habit: My blogging has taken a back seat this year. I miss it. I liked the weekly posting with Yarn Along and FO Friday. I’m a joiner, what weekly round-ups am I missing?
- Unplug: I’m online for a huge portion of my day. Even when I’m not working, I’m still online and plugged in. That takes away from my yarn time! When I’m knitting I should not stop mid row to check Facebook.
Cheers to a good year! Mug by Emily McDowell.